Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shainis
Helper I
Helper I

Inserted images not showing in published report

Hello,

On desktop - everything is fine.

But after publishing - the images are not showing on the app.powerbi website.

What am I missing here?

Thanks! 🙂

URL to images from dropbox (I've added ?raw=1), Images are showing on DesktopURL to images from dropbox (I've added ?raw=1), Images are showing on DesktopImages on Web :(Images on Web 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @shainis,

By my tests with your shared pbix, everything works as expected in Power BI Service.

test result.PNG

I have tested with Google chrome, Microsoft Edge and IE browser, everything works successfully.

You could clear your browser cache and try again.

In addition, you could delete the dataset in Power BI Service of that report and republish it again.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Marjore77
Helper I
Helper I

I was using Sharepoint images which showed up for some and not for others.

After a lot of research, these two solutions solved my problem:

1) Embed the images within your report (Base64)

2) For Sharepoint images: embed the Power BI report on a Sharepoint page

Source: this article details these solutions and reasons for the image problem

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @shainis,

By my tests with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, I could not reproduce your issue.

image in service.PNG

Please check if you have installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop (2.64.5285.582 11/13/2018). 

What visuals do you use with the URL column?

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-piga-msft!

I had the October version installed, but even after I've upgraded to the neweset version the issue persists.

I use the Image Grid visual. However, the issue persists with other visuals I've checked - Image and Simple Image.

Here's the link to the dummy pbix.

Thank you!

Shai.

Hi @shainis,

By my tests with your shared pbix, everything works as expected in Power BI Service.

test result.PNG

I have tested with Google chrome, Microsoft Edge and IE browser, everything works successfully.

You could clear your browser cache and try again.

In addition, you could delete the dataset in Power BI Service of that report and republish it again.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Thanks, @v-piga-msft. I did everything you wrote and now it works.

I highly appreciate your help!

Best regards,

Shai.

Hi @shainis,

It's glad that you have solved your problem.

If it is convenient, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.Smiley Happy

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors