Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kkmec
Frequent Visitor

Inserted PNG. images not showing in published report

Hey everybody,

I am using a couple of PNG transparent images in my PBi report. Images are showing up just fine after I publish the report to the app - but they stop appearing after I update the App and make it public. 

Any ideas why this might be?

Cheers,

Kristian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After contacting the Microsoft Helpdesk I have found the solution. In my case, the fix was:

• Uninclude the report in the App
  • Update App
  • Include the report
  • Update App

Now it works like a charm and the images are again visible.

Cheers guys

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ma having the same issue.

When i insert new picture in existing report, picture is visible on Power BI and worksapce, but not visible in App.

However when i use report with old image it is working fine on app as well.

I have tried with PNG and JPG scenario is the same.

After contacting the Microsoft Helpdesk I have found the solution. In my case, the fix was:

• Uninclude the report in the App
  • Update App
  • Include the report
  • Update App

Now it works like a charm and the images are again visible.

Cheers guys

Thanks that Worked for me as well
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it worked Smiley Happy

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kkmec,

From your description, I could not figure out the sentence "update the App and make it public", could you mean publish your report to the web? If so, based on my test, it coudld work on my side:

Desktop:

1.PNG

Publish to web:

1.PNG

If I misunderstand you, could you please offer me more information about your problem?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-danhe-msft,

Thanks for your reply. For clarification:

This is what I see when I publish a report from the desktop to the PBI service - and I look at it in the workspace:

Bug.PNG

And this is what I see after pressing the "Update App" button - and I look at the report in the App:

Bug.PNG

I also tried to delete and reuse the same images, that used to work in the past (like the company logo) and they don't show up as well and so it seems like a recent issue.

Thanks for help.

Cheers,

Kristian

Hi @kkmec,

Based on my test, it could work on my side:

1.PNG

Due to I could not reproduce your problem, I suggest you submit a support ticket for help:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors