Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inputting data by a Power App

Hi,

I've created a simple report + dataset on Power BI service. The dataset reads from a local SQL Server database.

I've registered a local gateway in order to read the SQL Server database.

Working in the Power BI service environment, I've created a Power App by putting in a form two input text boxes

(for the customer code and description fields), a button, a data connection to the SQL Server database using

the above local gateway: when I try the Power App specifying a value for the code and the description and

pushing the button nothing data is inserted in the customer SQL Server table.

Any suggests to me in order to solve this issue, please?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

to solve the issue, inside the PowerApps environment, I've specified for the OnSelect action a similar function:

Collect('<data_source>'; {<mySQLField1>:TextInput1.Text; <mySQLField2>:TextInput2.Text}).

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, sounds like you did the right sorts of things. However, that's more of a PowerApp issue so I would use their forums.

https://community.powerapps.com/t5/PowerApps-Community/ct-p/PowerApps1

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

thanks for your reply but I thought that my question was a basic one for the Power BI community.

Likely it is enough that anyone remembers how has used PowerApps for inputting data into a SQL table linked to a Power BI dataset.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

to solve the issue, inside the PowerApps environment, I've specified for the OnSelect action a similar function:

Collect('<data_source>'; {<mySQLField1>:TextInput1.Text; <mySQLField2>:TextInput2.Text}).

Thanks

I guess my perspective on this is that the Power BI aspect of this issue is completely superfluous. Your problem, as stated is that PowerApps is not pushing a new item back into the SQL Database. I don't see how Power BI is related to this issue, that's a problem with your PowerApp.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors