Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rynhowl
Employee
Employee

Infuriating...

I am having so much trouble using this product. It's confusing, it's difficult to find answers, the documentation is mostly just tutorials, not documentation. I clicked the sad face and then, "Submit and issue" and it took me to the community page. It took 3-4 more clicks to get to this page where I'm typing, and it was not easy to figure out what those clicks had to be. Please, please, please make this website easier to navigate and use.

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So, do you have an actual issue you wan to solve? 

Here is what I would suggest. Bookmark https://community.powerbi.com. When you have an issue, go to it and look under the heading Get Help with Power BI. There are a number of forums. Choose the one that best sounds like it is the right one. I would recommend Desktop or Service or Power Query as unless you are doing something very specific with custom visual or report server, those are the ones that get the most traffic. Power Query forum is for working with the Query Editor so use it in that case, otherwise if you are in the Desktop, use Desktop. Use Service for issues in the Power BI Service.

I think that the Guided Learning stuff is pretty good. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guided-learning/

I have a book called Learn Power BI as well as one called DAX Cookbook and there are lots of other great books out there, but hard to recommend anything because not sure what you are having trouble with. I always found Power BI very intuitive, but I learned it ages ago so I've never actually had to learn it as it exists now coming in cold, it's been incremental for me for years and years now.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

No, I don't have a specific issue. I clicked the feedback button and it brought me here, so I gave feedback. I specifically unchecked the "I have an issue I need help resolving" (or similar wording) box it has when you make a post. I had issues and posted separately about those. This was meant to be feedback for the team.

I took the full Microsoft course for Power BI on edX, I work with it literally every day, so if I'm having this much trouble, it's going to be difficult for new users. You shouldn't have to read an entire book to figure out basic functionality, and if you click, "Submit an issue" it should take you directly to where you can submit an issue, not require 3-4 more clicks. Documentation should be documentation, not a simple tutorial for 1 use case (i.e. the KPI visual documentation). Tutorials can be a great supplement to documentation, but should not be a replacement.

Thanks for responding.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors