Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MEYERITO
Advocate I
Advocate I

Information about a data source is required - Sharepoint list

Hi everyone, 

I get an error while updating my dataset in online service : 

Information is needed in order to combine data;Information about a data source is required.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: {Name}

In desktop, I can refresh everything without any issue. 

My dataset is composed of multiple sharepoint lists and excels hosted in another sharepoint. 

I saw multiple posts mentionning security settings and permission, everything is reset and set as "none" (tried "public" just before). 

Do you know any way to solve this issue ? 

Thanks for your guidance and help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MEYERITO ,

It caused by data source settings. the error can happen if the Data Source credential Privacy Settings don’t match in the desktop app and the Dataset settings on the Service.

Please try to change the all privacy level for all data source to Organizational by editting credential in dataset settings. For more details, please refer to https://ppmworks.com/data-source-privacy-level-change-may-resolve-power-bi-scheduled-refresh-error/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @MEYERITO 

Can you make sure that you have got the latest version of the Gateway installed?

There was an update to it yesterday, which could indicate a potential issue?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

thank you for your answer, unfortunately I am not using a gateway for such report, the personal one is not allowed by my organization and the enterprise one is not accessible to me. 

Hi @MEYERITO ,

It caused by data source settings. the error can happen if the Data Source credential Privacy Settings don’t match in the desktop app and the Dataset settings on the Service.

Please try to change the all privacy level for all data source to Organizational by editting credential in dataset settings. For more details, please refer to https://ppmworks.com/data-source-privacy-level-change-may-resolve-power-bi-scheduled-refresh-error/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thank you for the hint, it works by changing set up from Public to Organizational, I still don't understand why it was working  in the past without such set up but the most important is now I am all set. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors