Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SampaSim
Frequent Visitor

Info about using more than one premium capacity

Hello everyone,

I have to study the use of two premium capacity within the same company. The situation is the following: there are some reports and datasets that are totally managed from IT department and other reports and datasets that are totally managed from business. We want to use one premium capacity (let's suppose a P2) for the IT department and another premium capacity for the business department (let's suppose a P1). I want to figure out how it works for the final user and I want to ask the following questions:

1. the user A has the collaborator grant in the IT Workspace (P2) and in the Business Workspace (P1), is it possible for a user to be granted on two workspaces located within different capacities?

2. is it possible for the user A (the same described above) to create a report in the Business Workspace (P1) based on a dataset saved in the IT Workspace (P2)? If so, can a user B, which is only granted as a viewer in the Business Workspace (P1) to access to the report?

3. the user A (the same of the point 1) needs to create a composite model made of a dataset saved in the P1 and dataset saved in the P2 and finally he wants to share that model with the user B in the Business Workspace (P1). Can it work? Moreover, can the user B see all the data of the composite model?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Let's see.

1- Yes you can give a user access to multiple workspace.

2- Yes you can create reports from a dataset in a workspace and publish to a different one. You need to have enable an option in the admin portal and you can promote the dataset to validate that's the real deal. Be sure that the user has "build" permission in both workspaces. The build permission comes with member, contributor and admin role within a workspace. If the user is a viewer in one of the workspaces, you can try adding the "builder" under "Manage Permission" in the dataset three dots options.

3-This is reeeeeally tricky. I haven't tested that much with composite so I can't tell you for sure that it's going to work. I think it should be able to see everything. 
Hope that helps !

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Let's see.

1- Yes you can give a user access to multiple workspace.

2- Yes you can create reports from a dataset in a workspace and publish to a different one. You need to have enable an option in the admin portal and you can promote the dataset to validate that's the real deal. Be sure that the user has "build" permission in both workspaces. The build permission comes with member, contributor and admin role within a workspace. If the user is a viewer in one of the workspaces, you can try adding the "builder" under "Manage Permission" in the dataset three dots options.

3-This is reeeeeally tricky. I haven't tested that much with composite so I can't tell you for sure that it's going to work. I think it should be able to see everything. 
Hope that helps !

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors