Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Individual dashboards to team members

I have a situation where there are 10 product managers. I have a report with three tabs with common info relating to all of them. However, they prefer it filtered by Product manager and they would like to see only their info.

Currently, I am thinking of building 10 different pbix files and publishing them by filters for Product manager. And finally, publishing the 10 reports.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks for the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

You can use RLS to only let them see their info. Or, if you still want them to have full access to the data, but filtered for them first, you can help them set up personal bookmarks that will allow them to pre-filter any slicer and filter pane filter to their liking, and make that their default view.

You could also use DAX to get the logged in user name, and then use a calculation group to filter the entire model for whomever is logged in, but that is like a RLS filter in that they wouldn't be able to undo it - it would always be their data, but wouldn't require setting up RLS. 

Of all of the choices, if security is needed, then do RLS. If not, then do the personal bookmarks in the service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

You can use RLS to only let them see their info. Or, if you still want them to have full access to the data, but filtered for them first, you can help them set up personal bookmarks that will allow them to pre-filter any slicer and filter pane filter to their liking, and make that their default view.

You could also use DAX to get the logged in user name, and then use a calculation group to filter the entire model for whomever is logged in, but that is like a RLS filter in that they wouldn't be able to undo it - it would always be their data, but wouldn't require setting up RLS. 

Of all of the choices, if security is needed, then do RLS. If not, then do the personal bookmarks in the service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors