Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

npnmex

Incremental refresh - inconsistent data between Desktop and Services

Hello,

I have set up an incremental refresh on imported data and verified that querry folding is occuring in the Desktop.  The date column is correctly filtered, paramaters set and refresh policies have been completed. 

When publishing to the Server for the first time, all data is consistent.  On the Services side we have an automatic refresh scheduled.  Once the automatic refresh takes place the data between the Desktop and the Services is no longer consistent.  We are using a PRO license.  I have tried a mountain of things to no avail!

6 REPLIES 6
npnmex

Unfortunately that did not work either.  This report worked as expected for quite some time, then it stopped working.  We have checked the back end permissions on the databases, they are all o.k.  We have updated the gateway and client version of Power Bi as well. 

At this point I'd open a support ticket. There is something particular going on and it will be very difficult to troubleshoot in a forum with people that don't have access to the guts of what is going on in your tenant.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
npnmex

Screen shots of steps provided below:

npnmex_2-1658500092824.pngnpnmex_3-1658500168946.pngnpnmex_4-1658500315507.png

npnmex_5-1658500425992.png

What happens if you disable the "Detect data changes?" Unless your data is MASSIVE - tens of millions of records a day - that isn't saving you much time, and I am wondering if that is causing the issue. I've never needed to use that feature in production. I've only played with it.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

I'll give it a try

edhans
Super User
Super User

You are going to have to give us more info than "I've done everything correctly, but it isn't working." I'm using IR in several models and it works just fine. We need to see some information on your setup.

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.

How To Ask A Technical Question If you Really Want An Answer

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Give us a good and concise explanation
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Provide data in a table format per the link, or share an Excel/CSV file via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.. Provide expected output using a screenshot of Excel or other image. Do not provide a screenshot of the source data. I cannot paste an image into Power BI tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors