Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mvbenz
Frequent Visitor

Incremental Updates on Dataset Issue

Hi all!

I have a dataset that queries and API. It pulls in the data, does a few stems to convert the feed to a table and a bit of fomatting after that. I upload it and hit refesh and it refreshed fine but this is the first refresh.

After that I get this error: 

Data source error:The '<pii>Column1</pii>' column does not exist in the rowset.

I started to troublshoot by removing steps form the bottom up and once I removed the step Convert to Table which creates Column1 the error dissappears.

So now it reads the API data, and pulls in the list but I can't convert the list to a table to expand the data and massage it in Power Query.

Anyone else experience this? Only thing I can think of is the convert to table is assigning a different name to the column but I can't see that online.

Code:

let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://app.cloudability.com/", [RelativePath="api/1/reporting/cost/run", Query=[
filters = "category3==12345,category3==23456,category3==34567",
dimensions = "vendor,usage_family,usage_type,account_identifier,account_name,category3,date,vendor_account_name,tag11,tag2",
metrics = "total_amortized_cost",
start_date = Date.ToText(DateTime.Date(RangeStart)),
end_date = Date.ToText(DateTime.Date(RangeEnd))
], Headers=[Authorization=APIKey]])),
results = Source[results],

Everything from here up works fine

This is the line causing the issue:

#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(results, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),

The rest of the data massaging
#"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Column1", {"vendor", "usage_family", "usage_type", "account_identifier", "account_name", "category3", "date", "vendor_account_name", "tag11", "tag2", "total_amortized_cost"}, {"vendor", "usage_family", "usage_type", "account_identifier", "account_name", "category3", "date", "vendor_account_name", "tag11", "tag2", "total_amortized_cost"}),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Expanded Column1",{{"vendor", "Vendor"}, {"usage_family", "Usage Family"}, {"usage_type", "Usage Type"}, {"account_identifier", "Account Identifier"}, {"account_name", "Account Name"}, {"category3", "Cost Center"}, {"date", "Date"}, {"vendor_account_name", "Subscription Name"}, {"tag11", "Databricks Cluster"}, {"tag2", "Application"}, {"total_amortized_cost", "Total Amitorized Cost"}}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Renamed Columns",{{"Subscription Name", type text}, {"Date", type datetime}, {"Cost Center", type text}, {"Account Name", type text}, {"Account Identifier", type text}, {"Databricks Cluster", type text}, {"Application", type text}, {"Usage Family", type text}, {"Vendor", type text}, {"Usage Type", type text}, {"Total Amitorized Cost", type number}})
in
#"Changed Type"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mvbenz
Frequent Visitor

Ok so after posting this it gave me and idea and I solved my issue. Hope this helps other with this issue.

In my code above I looked up the options for Table.FromList and ends up the first null in the line is the optional column name

#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(results, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),

So I changed null to 'Records'

#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(results, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), {"Records"}, null, ExtraValues.Error),

#"Expanded Records" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Records", {"vendor", "usage_family", "usage_type", "account_identifier", "account_name", "category3", "date", "vendor_account_name", "tag11", "tag2", "total_amortized_cost"}, {"vendor", "usage_family", "usage_type", "account_identifier", "account_name", "category3", "date", "vendor_account_name", "tag11", "tag2", "total_amortized_cost"}),

Table.FromList - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mvbenz
Frequent Visitor

Ok so after posting this it gave me and idea and I solved my issue. Hope this helps other with this issue.

In my code above I looked up the options for Table.FromList and ends up the first null in the line is the optional column name

So I changed null to 'Records'

#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(results, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), {"Records"}, null, ExtraValues.Error),

#"Expanded Records" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Records", {"vendor", "usage_family", "usage_type", "account_identifier", "account_name", "category3", "date", "vendor_account_name", "tag11", "tag2", "total_amortized_cost"}, {"vendor", "usage_family", "usage_type", "account_identifier", "account_name", "category3", "date", "vendor_account_name", "tag11", "tag2", "total_amortized_cost"}),

Table.FromList - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors