cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gipiluso
Advisor

Incremental Refresh

Do we have any experience with powerbi Premium?
We would like to use incremental refresh feature in daily hours, but once a day we have to schedule a full refresh, is is possible?
Any comment in the documentation and we don't have a premum tenant for test, anyone used it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Incremental Refresh

Hi there

Currently the way Incremental refresh is managed it will only do a full refresh on first load, after which it will only then do an incremental refresh based on your settings.

I have heard that when XMLA is made available you will have better control via XMLA on how to process partitions.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently the way Incremental refresh is managed it will only do a full refresh on first load, after which it will only then do an incremental refresh based on your settings.

I have heard that when XMLA is made available you will have better control via XMLA on how to process partitions.

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

gipiluso
Advisor

I had access to PBI Premium server and I can confirm that currently there is no way to schedule/trigger a full refresh of an incremental load dataset.

lovelyvalencia Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Incremental Refresh

We have 5 tables introducing incremental refresh having a 13 months range and we are using a small dataset. Unfortunately, the scheduled refresh are always failing (timeout issues). We also tried using views for those tables to view the native queries of each table but the refresh still fails. What do you think is the issue? And what would be the possible solution for this?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What happens if you run the query on your source system how does that run?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 341 members 3,268 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: