Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

44GP
Frequent Visitor

Incremental Refresh

When setting up Incremental refresh there is a parameter to configure the Archival period.  Two questions...

1. Is there a default value for this

2. Is there a way to tell what value has been set on existing refreshes

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
edhans
Super User
Super User

No default. It is whatever you want it to be. The settings can be seen in Power BI Desktop if it was set up there. Right-click on the table and select Incremental Refresh. If it was set up in the service, or is in the service and you have access to the XMLA endpoint, you can launch Tabular Editor 2 or 3, open the model, look at the properties for the table and it will show you what the incremental refresh policies are. You can read more about using TE with incremental refresh here. Incremental Refresh | Tabular Editor Documentation

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

44GP
Frequent Visitor

Hi thanks,

I will take a look to see if this gives us the infomation.  Do you know if any of the Rest APIs give us this information or at least tell me which Datasets have tables with Incremental Refresh in them?

Gary

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User
Super User

No default. It is whatever you want it to be. The settings can be seen in Power BI Desktop if it was set up there. Right-click on the table and select Incremental Refresh. If it was set up in the service, or is in the service and you have access to the XMLA endpoint, you can launch Tabular Editor 2 or 3, open the model, look at the properties for the table and it will show you what the incremental refresh policies are. You can read more about using TE with incremental refresh here. Incremental Refresh | Tabular Editor Documentation

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

44GP
Frequent Visitor

Hi thanks,

I will take a look to see if this gives us the infomation.  Do you know if any of the Rest APIs give us this information or at least tell me which Datasets have tables with Incremental Refresh in them?

Gary

I don't know of one that will get that specifically, but Datasets - Get Refresh Execution Details - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn will return partition refresh details, and IR partitions are always YYYY followed by either the quarter, month or day, vs normal partitions which are usually a long GUID.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors