Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EdC

Incremental Refresh Question

Hello all,

I am trying to setup an incremental refresh that stores 1 year and only refreshes 1 week of data.  The problem that I'm facing is that I don't have 1 years worth of data yet, over time there will be.  So, currently when I try to do the refresh it fails.  If I adjust the parameter to store the actual data (4 monthes) then it works just fine and I can see the partitions being created.

Is this behavior by design? Does the data date range have to match? I originally thought the storage criteria was more used to roll off data, but testing shows otherwise.

Is there a workaround for this? Or is it just it just that I will have to periodically republish my pbix file to account for new data until my originally desire 1 year criteria logic is met?

Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom.

EdC

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

From my understanding the reason that it fails is because it cannot find any data when the query runs for incremental refreshing and it fails.

My suggestion would be to update the PBIX until you get a full years worth of data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Interesting, haven't seen that problem yet.  Can you add a dummy data row just around the year mark?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors