cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bilsif Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Incremental Refresh Error

Hi All

I have been getting a different error.  Please see below  desccription.

My time out limit is set to 5 hours and this returns before the limit is exceeded. 

Processing error:The JSON DDL request failed with the following error: Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: '{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Unable to connect to the remote server"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CanceledError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} '..

Highlighted
vidotom Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

The error description that I catch is "Unable to connect to the remote server". That tells me that you need to dig for the error elsewhere.

bilsif Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi 

Thanks for reply,

I am currently changing my source from Json to Oracle DB, Will test this out and if it passes will update you.

However when you mean elsewhere do you mean as in where I am fetching the data from source.

Everything is setup accordingly in the desktop.

Also just remembered, My gateway version is 13.0.5780.159, I found this on the Question mark About PpowerBI.PNG

What I want to know is how recent is this version and also if the versions Desktop & PowerBI aren't current and, will it affect the incremental refresh.

Regards

vidotom Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

In recent versions of both the Desktop and the Gateway software you see not only a version number, but a month and year next to it too on the about screen.

Latest versions from June are:

Desktop: 2.59.5135.421 64-bit (June 2018)

Gateway: 14.16.6724.2 (June 2018)

So your gateway version is at least a few month old, it may predate the release of incremental refresh preview. Thus that may very well be the reason why it doesn't work for you. Try after installing the latest gateway version.

Keeping the gateway and the Desktop up to date is a good idea. The mashup engine used by them differ, but they are kept align in the latest version. At least compatible enough, sometimes with more limitations on the gateway than on the desktop. But your best chance is always to use the latest versions.

P.S.:

Unfortunately you cannot test the incremental refresh locally in the Power BI Desktop software. It is supported only through the gateway.

ayushnigam268 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

I am pulling data from Salesforce.com and getting the same error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 409 members 4,179 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: