Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jetryx
Frequent Visitor

Increase row limit when creating CSV table

Hi all, I am exporting my data through power automate and using create CSV table. However, it seems limited to 1000 rows. I have around 100K rows which I want to export. Is there a way to increase this? Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
JJackson

This seems to work for me. Pretty annoying and shouldnt be needed but that's the world we live in.

How to Run a Query against a Dataset Using Power Automate? - Enjoy SharePoint

Jetryx
Frequent Visitor

i guess no solution to this yet? Any administrator or powerBI gurus that could confirm?

Mthompson1984
Frequent Visitor

Hey Jetryx, were you ever able to get around this?  I'm having the same issue.

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jetryx ,

The maximum number of rows that Power BI Desktop and Power BI service can export from an import mode report to a .csv file is 30,000.

You must have meet some limitation in power automate. I suggest you open a thread on power automate forum.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Jetryx ,

help me to understand your problem better.

You are exporting your data from a CSV with Power Automate? And in Power Automate the first 1000 rows are getting exported instead of 100K rows. Is that right?

Best regards

Denis

Hi Denis,

Yes. So basically I have dataset in Power BI and I am using Power Automate to compose and create a CSV table from those datasets. And then creating a CSV file in Sharepoint. But the export is always limited to 1000 rows.

Were you ever able to figure out a way to get past the 1000 row limit for the export?

The limiter is the Compose operation, to expand the row limit beyond 1000, you'll need instead to run a query against your dataset as your source when creating the CSV table.

Do you have an example of how to do this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors