Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect date format from workspace to app

I have a number of dashboards which I have published as an app. I have managed to get the dates to be displayed in the correct format by changing the language on my browser but it appears that the dataset dates get changed during this publishing process.

For example, I am looking at emails that are sent out at different times of the year and grouping them by month. In the workspace for an email that I sent on 6th January 2018 (06/01/2018 in UK format), it gets grouped in January, but when I publish the app, this email gets shown in the June selection as the date is treated as an American date.

How do I get the underlying data to continue being in the UK format when I publish to an app?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

It's the matrix visual which isn't working.

I have figured out the problem with someone from Power BI on the phone and found that it was something to do with the file I was publishing. I re-saved it with a different name and then published it to the same workspace and the issue was resolved.

Many thanks for helping.

Anna

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Glad to hear you find the solution by yourself. As the issue is gone now, I will close this thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

It's the matrix visual which isn't working.

I have figured out the problem with someone from Power BI on the phone and found that it was something to do with the file I was publishing. I re-saved it with a different name and then published it to the same workspace and the issue was resolved.

Many thanks for helping.

Anna

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have tested use your data, the date displays as UK format in workspace and published app. 

q4.PNG

q2.PNGq3.PNGq5.PNG

In your scenario, which which visual contains date displays in US date format? The table visual date format is set in Power BI desktop with Data Format. The slicer date values format are based on browser language. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

As an update to the above, it is now switching the dates even in my workspace.

The dates you have wouldn't switch month as there is no month 23 of the year. I can't download your data as there are limitations on my work computer but please may you try with the following dates:

5th January 2018

9th June 2018

10th August 2018

12th October 2018

Thanks

Anna

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have tested with Chrome browser (language as UK) but not reproduce the issue on my side. Please test our report on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

q1.PNGq2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors