Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thangeswariy
Frequent Visitor

Incorrect Due Date when publish to power bi web

Hi,

When i create the visual in power bi desktop, it shows the today overdue amount correctly as 3rd Jan 2021.

However, when i publish to power bi web, the today overude amount is from 2nd Jan 2021 (captures 1 day before data which is incorrect).

Please kindly help step by step, on how can i ensure that the due date is showing correctly daily (by showing current day date & data) in power bi web instead of 1 day before data/date.

Thank you very much.

power bi web, incorrect due datepower bi web, incorrect due date 

Power bi desktop showing correct due datePower bi desktop showing correct due date

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @thangeswariy ,

Let's say the date for one of the records is 1/11/2021 and the local date is 1/11/2021 so this record should be shown in the table. But Power BI Service is using UTC time so "today" for Power BI Service might be 1/10/2021. Then this record would not be shown in Power BI Service.

Then you will need to create a new column in Query Editor by add a duration(time difference between UTC time) to a datetime field. if your fieldname is "Duedate" then:

new column = [duedate] + #duration(0,10,0,0))
The arguments of#duration are days, hours, minutes, seconds.

Compare this column with "today" in Power BI Service should return the correct answer.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thangeswariy ,

Currently Power BI service only support UTC time. There might be time difference between your local time and UTC time.

You could try to create a new date column using local time plus or minus the time difference.

Best Regards,

Jay

Hi there yes made a date table and connected to my dataset. Would you please help me step by step on how to apply the above solution you mentioned ?

Hi @thangeswariy ,

Let's say the date for one of the records is 1/11/2021 and the local date is 1/11/2021 so this record should be shown in the table. But Power BI Service is using UTC time so "today" for Power BI Service might be 1/10/2021. Then this record would not be shown in Power BI Service.

Then you will need to create a new column in Query Editor by add a duration(time difference between UTC time) to a datetime field. if your fieldname is "Duedate" then:

new column = [duedate] + #duration(0,10,0,0))
The arguments of#duration are days, hours, minutes, seconds.

Compare this column with "today" in Power BI Service should return the correct answer.

Best Regards,

Jay

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

also you can check in addition to the Roles RLS settings, if the data you using in power bi desktop its updated as the power bi service. could be you looking at diferent data in one file vs the other. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @thangeswariy 

Are you applying RLS in your model?

Why are the tables with 2 different names? where is it coming from?

aj1973_0-1609636680335.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors