Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FlaviaHollyoak

Incorrect DateTime on Reports

Hi there,

I am looking for a solution to change the calculated datetime in reports run online to the local time zone (for me it's BST) dynamically. These reports are run online in PowerBI in multiple different workspaces.

We have an issue where the reports calculate the datetime in UTC - 0 (when run online), however we are currently in British Summer Time (BST). Therefore all the datetimes are off by an hour. 

I have an understanding that similar problems had a solution of creating an "offset" for the calculated datetime in a report. However, the two problems that I see are that the reports will need to be updated again when we return to UTC - 0, and we will have to modify (and test) 100s of reports.

Is it possible to have the correct datetime calculated (when running the report online) without creating an "offset" for the time (in other words, a method without modifing 100s of reports)?

If adding an offset to each report is the only option, how shall I create this offset to account for the change in time zone, come Winter automatically?

Many thanks,

Flavia

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @FlaviaHollyoak 

For now, it's probably the most straightforward way to cancels out the timezone difference by increasing an offset.

Related thread:
Last refresh date not correct in power bi service 

PowerBI Service report last date refresh wrong 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

FlaviaHollyoak

I neglected to mention, the datetime I am referring to is the refresh datetime of the report in PowerBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors