Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ArnaudC
Regular Visitor

Impossible to see on premise gateway when using different data source

Dear power bi team,

Hope you can help me with my issue.
First if all, i'm not an IT guys but just a user who try to guide our IT team who are curently stuck.
My issue is that when I publish a report online, the dataset don't find the on premise gateway.
The dataset combine 2 differents data source. One is an Service Analysis SQL Serveur and the second is a simple Excel files.
When i create a report using only one the previous data source, their gateway works fine.
I have also try to locate the excel files online in my onedrive, in place if using a différent gateway than SASS, but still not working.
The gateway administrator has active the buton relate to online data combinaison.
So i really don't understand which step is missing to get this online report alive.

Of course when i use Power bi desktop, everything works fine, but the refresh is manual and only visible by me.

Thanks by advance for your input and help on my case.
Best regards,
Arnaud
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArnaudC ,

Based on your description, you seem to be having trouble refreshing data sources from the cloud and on-premises.

You can refer to the document:Accessing on-premises and cloud sources in the same source query 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArnaudC ,

Based on your description, you seem to be having trouble refreshing data sources from the cloud and on-premises.

You can refer to the document:Accessing on-premises and cloud sources in the same source query 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks liang for your reply.

I finally find the Root cause with your help.
I have previously read this article and go streat to the check box who should be user to use on premise gateway and online source.
But it seems that i miss the point related to the merge query.
In my dataset, i have merged the both source and in that case online source should be add in the gateway.(not autorized by my IT group....of course)
So i unmerged the source and used link between table, so now gateway is available and works.

Thanks again Liang.

Best regards,
Arnaud.
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ArnaudC, when publishing a model you have to make sure all data sources are listed as an entry in the gateway.
So your SSAS connection, but also the network drive to your Excel file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Hi Nickyvv,

The gateway is correctly setup because if I use the same report with only one source, it's work.

The IT admin says that it's probably due to the fact that the 2 source are not located in the same domain.

One is on ".biz"

Second is on ".net" 

So they could not be on the same gateway, but when I use the online files located in my onedrive, the issue is the same.

Gateway is not visible from my side but visible on IT side (with indication "not configured correctly" as status.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors