Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abdul_rehman
Frequent Visitor

Importing reports from one Workspace to another

Hi,

Can I import/copy reports from one workspace to another? Both workspaces have same dataset.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@abdul_rehman There is currently no way to copy objects from one workspace to another. If you started things in the PBI Desktop you could re-publish to any workspace, although you would still lose any dashboards.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
meemster

*bump*

It's a little ridiculous that this functionality does not exist. Are there plans to allow copying reports from one workspace (esp a Shared Workspace) to another???

@meemster You need to look at when these responses were posted...well over a year ago. There are now powershell commands that let you copy objects from one workspace to another, or copy the workspace.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I did look at the timestamps. Not trying to be argumentative, but 2 things:

1) I'm on a Mac, so no Powershell unless I install VM Ware or something similiar

2) This should just be a function that is native to the app

Briggsy
Frequent Visitor

This feature would be extremely helpful for my organization as well!  Does anyone know of any updates to this type of functionality?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @abdul_rehman,

In addition, a similar idea has been shared on Power BI Ideas. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.Smiley Happy

Regards

Voted. Thanks.

@abdul_rehman There is currently no way to copy objects from one workspace to another. If you started things in the PBI Desktop you could re-publish to any workspace, although you would still lose any dashboards.

@Seth_C_Bauer, Ouch!

The issue is that users have made multiple reports using PBI Service so I guess they can't be moved to new workspace.

Thank you for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors