cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbofandango New Member

Importing Excel: missing worksheets

Hi,

I have an Excel workbook with about 10 worksheets in it, residing on a SharePoint site.  Each sheet is more or less the same, with a named Table containing KPI data from a business function.  Each sheet is Protected with a password to lock some cells down for editing.

When I import it into Power BI web app (Get Data > Files > SharePoint-Team Sites), only 4 of the 10 worksheets are imported and show up in the Fields panel.

Further more, at least one of the sheets that is imported no longer exists in the actual Excel workbook!  I deleted it some time ago - how can it still be appearing in my Power BI?

I have tried making copies and importing from different locations, deleting all Datasets, Reports etc and starting again, but it still happens.

Completely baffled and tearing my hair out!  I must be doing something obviously wrong, but no idea what.  Any help much appreciated.

James, Power BI novice

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Importing Excel: missing worksheets

hi, @jimbofandango 

If you use the latest version power bi desktop: Version: 2.70.5494.761

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

And if you could try to download the excel file to local and try it again.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 301 members 3,279 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: