Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nelsonmorais
Regular Visitor

Import/delete custom visual not working in Q&A

Hi,

In PowerBI Service, when I go to the Q&A and try to import (or delete) a custom visual, nothing happens after clicking the "Import a custom visual" (or "Delete a custom visual"). The pop-up closes after clicking the pop-up option but nothing happens after that.

Because of this I cannot import a custom visual and use it in the Q&A, I can only use the "Developer Visual for Testing", but this obviously only works during development so it's not valid if I try to share the dashboard.

I've checked my network settings and there're no proxies enabled.

This behaviour was observed in PowerBI Service on 2017-02-08.

8 REPLIES 8
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nelsonmorais,

I just verified that I can import/delete custom visual for my report on Power BI service with any issue.

Which custom visual are you trying to import/delete?

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft Hi,

I can import custom visuals if I'm creating a report on the PowerBI service, but if I go to the Q&A and create a question, then I cannot import a custom visual of any kind because when I press the import visual drop down option nothing happens.

I hope this clarifies where do I have problems importing the custom visual.

Hi @nelsonmorais,

I can reproduce the issue in my environment. I already reported this issue internally, will update here once I get any feedback.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

Thanks! Any ETA?

Hi @nelsonmorais,

I just verified that the Product Team is already working on this issue, but no ETA for it currently.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

4+ months later, is there an ETA for this? I'm seeing the same behavior right now (using both Edge and Chrome on Windows 10 w/ latest updates).

~Lars

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Has it ever worked?  Can you import the visual into your PBIX file and then upload to the Service?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark Yes, I can import the visual as you mentioned, and I can even import it on the PowerBI Service if I'm creating a report. The problem only exists when I'm on the Q&A, as there I cannot import any visual at all because nothing happens whens I press the drop down option to import a visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors