Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

Images not rendering when exporting to .pdf

Hi all,

I am having some issues with images when exporting a .pdf from a PBI service app.
The backgrounds and images rendered using the "Image" option in the ribbon work ok, but images displayed using the "Image" visual by Cloudscope do not.

I use the later to display images that come from URLs in tables, so the image displayed changes according to the context. There are other images that I render using the same type of visual, but these come as result of a measure as opposed to the fully referenced table-column. Non of them work.

Another important point is that all these images are hosted in a sharepoint library in our company's sharepoint.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

4 REPLIES 4
imran_akhthar
Regular Visitor

Hello @NAOS , I know it is too late to ask this query.
But was there any solution for the issue that you had posted here.

I am stuck with the same issue now. Looking forward to hear solution from you. Thanks.

NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

So, after some testing I realised the problem is with images hosted in our company's sharepoint (it didin't occurred to me to try this until I posted the question 10 min ago Robot LOL ). Now the problem is that as our images (among with other data) are collected through a sharepoint nintex form, so the images are "by default" hosted there. I know I won't be able to host the images anywhere that's non-corporate. Is there any workaround so I don't have to move the images from sharepoint?

Hi @NAOS ,

Actually, I still have a little confused about your scenario.

If it is convenient, could you share a share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

In addition, you said that the problem is caused by the image from SharePoint and you want to solve this problem with the image host in SharePoint?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Im not sure I can provide an useful dummy file since I would have to add images' links from one of our sharepoint sites. 

And yes, just images that are saved in sharepoint do not render when exporting to .pdf or .pptx, but if I move them to another place, (google drive, for example), then they work ok.

Note the images do work on PBI desktop, PBI service and PBI app. It is only when I use the "export" function from the app or report that they not render on the result .pdf or .pptx file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors