Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Images not exporting to PDF

PBI Pros, please help!

We have been using "Image by CloudScope" in our reports for sometime now. After a recent change, we can no longer export the images to PDF. The images are pulling into SQL server from web via API and displayed throughout the report.

When exporting, we receive the error:   "This visual does not support exporting"

PBI_imagenotsupported.png

Any recommendations on image visuals that support URL and export to PDF or additional configuration to solve for this?

Thank you!

Al 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please review the part "Limitations and considerations" in this official documentation and you will find the below limitation when work with the Export to PDF feature:

• Power BI visuals that have been certified are supported. For more information on certified Power BI visuals, including how to get a Power BI visual certified, see Get a Power BI visual certified. Power BI visuals that haven't been certified aren't supported. In the PDF, they display with an error message.

You can use Image Grid to replace the current image visual: Image by CloudScope. It is certified and can be displayed normally when export to PDF.

Images not exporting to PDF.jpg

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
karthikkurpad
Regular Visitor

Image Grid doesn't work , image pro by cloudscope works on most images , it distrots some images at times

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please review the part "Limitations and considerations" in this official documentation and you will find the below limitation when work with the Export to PDF feature:

• Power BI visuals that have been certified are supported. For more information on certified Power BI visuals, including how to get a Power BI visual certified, see Get a Power BI visual certified. Power BI visuals that haven't been certified aren't supported. In the PDF, they display with an error message.

You can use Image Grid to replace the current image visual: Image by CloudScope. It is certified and can be displayed normally when export to PDF.

Images not exporting to PDF.jpg

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

it may be due to an update of powerbi services but the export to pdf does not work anymore with the certified   Image Grid as mentionned. 

I am a powerbi pro user and this does not work in my personnal workspace or a shared one. 

It used to work last week.......

Please help, this is critical for me.

Best regards

Philippe

my config : 

powerbi : 

Version: 2.91.884.0 64-bit (mars 2021)

Image Grid : 

Name: Image Grid

Publisher: Fredrik Hedenström

Id: ImageGrid_FC5183B9_926C_45E0_B5F7_0CE9EAF1DA9B

Version: 1.0.1

Hi @Anonymous ,

I got the same issue with yours, you can try to contact the owner of custom visual image grid or custom visual support team ask for help...

yingyinr_0-1617782911356.png

Best Regards

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Images to export to PDF.  Sometimes there are minor issues with the cropping of the image, but as a rule, it works fine.  I would suggest that you contact the provider of that visual.  It may be something that they can easily help you with.

Other than that, you can use some of the other image visuals.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors