Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bwarner
Helper I
Helper I

Image not appearing in Power BI App

Hello,

I have inserted two images into my Power BI Report to be used for as a toggle button (on and off images) that are connected to Bookmarks. The images appear and work fine in Power BI Desktop, but they do not appear in Power BI Service. The images are on the screen as I can hover over where they should be and click them to activate the bookmarks, but the images themselves do not appear on the screen. Please see below for the off image where it shows in Desktop, but not on Service. Please help!

Power BI Desktop                  Power BI Service

Button Shows.PNGButton No Show.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5
Marjore77
Helper I
Helper I

I was using Sharepoint images which showed up for some and not for others.

After a lot of research, these two solutions solved my problem:

1) Embed the images within your report (Base64)

2) For Sharepoint images: embed the Power BI report on a Sharepoint page

Source: this article details these solutions and reasons for the image problem

bwarner
Helper I
Helper I

Does anyone have a solution to this as I really need to get this resolved?

I faced a similar issue. 

I was seeing the image in workspace but when published to app the image disappears.

For workaround, I used buttons instead of images. In your case, I would create two buttons with the bookmark - green button with on as text for on option and red button with off text for off option. And display them based on what user selects.

Thank you very much for your reply though I really need to have the image working and not a button.

If anyone knows of a solution on how to get images to show in an app, I would greatly appreciate it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors