Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dlandry
Helper I
Helper I

Image displays when coming from my laptop localhost but not from SharePoint Image lib

RedYellowGreen error.PNG

Hi All,

I am having an issue with an image display.  I am displaying images fine from my localhost site but when I load the images to a sharepoint picture lib and change my URL's to point to it the images won't render.  I have admin rights to the O365 picturture lib and I can take the urls and hit the sharepoint site from a browser and display the images.  Power BI doesn't seem to recongnize the SharePoint URL as being an image.  Has anyone had this issue?

I'd apprecate any assistance I have set everything up to do this correctly again works great from localhost but not from the SharePoint pic lib.   You can see from the attached image the Schedule is coming from localhost fine and Resource is coming from SharePoint and not working.

Thanks for your help!!  I would think this is just something simple that I'm overlooking.

Best to all

Don

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dlandry

Do you include image URL which is a SharePoint URL in a table? If that is the case, I test the scenario as yours, I get the URL of images in SharePoint Picture Library using the following steps.

1. Get link of image as shown in the screenshot below.
1.PNG

2.  Make sure that you select the “Edit link- no sign-in required” option and copy the URL in the following screenshot.
2.PNG

Then when adding the above URLs in a column of table, and changing the Data Category of this column to Image URL, the images displays properly in table visual as follows.
3.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dlandry

Do you include image URL which is a SharePoint URL in a table? If that is the case, I test the scenario as yours, I get the URL of images in SharePoint Picture Library using the following steps.

1. Get link of image as shown in the screenshot below.
1.PNG

2.  Make sure that you select the “Edit link- no sign-in required” option and copy the URL in the following screenshot.
2.PNG

Then when adding the above URLs in a column of table, and changing the Data Category of this column to Image URL, the images displays properly in table visual as follows.
3.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia this worked awesome!!!  Merry Xmas!!

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

This is only supported in Chiclet slicers ( URL Images). If you like to do something else then you need to keep your image file in local drive.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors