Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image-URL not rendering in powerBI Report

Hi Community,

I need some help on the following. 

I've made a report with a matrix visual containing some pictures. The pictures are hosted by a third party and are anonymously accessible. In my desktop file the URL is created by following statement:

= Table.AddColumn(Bron, "ItemURL", each "<public web url>"& [ItemNo_]&".jpg")

Creating this Column:

Koense_0-1620391350690.png

In desktop I can see all pictures in my visual. I've set the data type to Image-URL

Koense_1-1620391431673.png

All works fine so far but when I publish my report to the power bi service the images don't render. 

When I click on the (broken) image Icon it does open the URL and shows me the picture in a new tab.

Also when I export my report to a .pdf file the image's are there again. Images are 200 kB a piece approximately.

Koense_2-1620391583818.png

I've tried different browsers but all give the same results. Please let me know if any of you experienced anything similar or know a solution. 
Thanks in advance!
Regards,

Koen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous  when it's showing the broken images, please in the browser check the html source code. In Chrome and Edge you can click right and use the "Inspect Element" feature.

Check there the URL of the missing pictures. There must be an error somewhere.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Marjore77
Helper I
Helper I

I was using Sharepoint images which showed up for some and not for others.

After a lot of research, these two solutions solved my problem:

1) Embed the images within your report (Base64)

2) For Sharepoint images: embed the Power BI report on a Sharepoint page

Source: this article details these solutions and reasons for the image problem

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

is the website public accessible without a login?

Best regards

Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @selimovd ,

Yes, I've also tried the different URL's in private mode in different browsers. All work fine.

@Anonymous  when it's showing the broken images, please in the browser check the html source code. In Chrome and Edge you can click right and use the "Inspect Element" feature.

Check there the URL of the missing pictures. There must be an error somewhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @selimovd ,

Thanks a lot, I do have direction now as to where to go! It indeed returned a 403 error from the host of the pictures. Then I tried opening the link on another website and seems that the host has some sort of hotlink protection. Contacted them to see if this resolves the issue. Thanks for your time!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors