Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SJ25
Resolver I
Resolver I

If statement not working after publishing

I have a simple calculated column as mentioned below:

Status_1 
IF(Table[MaxDate] = BLANK(), "Uncf",
IF(Today() > Table[MaxDate], "PD", "Not PD"))

I use this to create a simple table showing the status and count of each status. This works correctly on the desktop file, but the moment I publish it and the data gets refreshed (through gateway connection) it gives me the wrong value for the "PD" status. For some reason it just does not recognize or calculate the "Not OD" part and just splits the data into "Uncf" & "PD" thereby exaggerating the value for "PD". I have tried creating this measure in power query, creating a variable and then using that in the statement and a few other things too but nothing seems to work. I am at a loss for this simple stuff not working. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SJ25 ,

Power BI Service uses UTC time, please add or subtract the corresponding time difference in your formula and check again.

An hour = 1/24

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
SJ25
Resolver I
Resolver I

I am using List.Max in power query to get the MaxDate, and I am thinking that's where it's going wrong when the report is published but I don't know what else to try. 

Edit: I tried to create another calculated column to get the max date, still no difference. 

SJ25
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey Shishir, I tried that and the date is showing as 24/3 which is correct. I also checked to see if the date formate for MaxDate is dd/mm/yyyy. There are 5700 rows in Table and now the report is showing all of them under "Uncf" status and blank for the other two categories. 

Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello SJ25, 

This might happen because Power BI server may be situated in other then your zone. Can you please try creating a measure as today() just to check what date is coming.

I would suggest to use UTC time and convert it into your timezone and then try to check.

Please accept it as a solution if it solves your issue. Kudos are also accepted!

Thanks,

Shishir

Cheers,
Shishir

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors