Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I make some changes to the report, will app workspace catches the change automatically

Hi Everyone,

I know once the report is finished and publish to the app, the data can be refreshed automatically. However, if I make some changes to the report such as adding new visuals, adding new calculations and so on, do I have to hit"update the app" button manually or the app will catch the change automatically?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

In order for the changes to be updated within the App, you have to click on the Update App button and update it to see the changes.

This allows you to publish the changes to the App Workspace, and have others view the changes in the App Workspace before updating the App. Almost like a Testing area before Production

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

In order for the changes to be updated within the App, you have to click on the Update App button and update it to see the changes.

This allows you to publish the changes to the App Workspace, and have others view the changes in the App Workspace before updating the App. Almost like a Testing area before Production

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ

Thank you! If there is a way that we can control this to be auto-updated or manually updated, that would be great!

Hi there,

There might be an API for this. I would have to double check

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gilbert,

I am looking for REST API's to schedule automatic app update in the workspace.

Need this to include automatic access granting to users based on an group which will be auto-populated when a user joins or leaves the organization.

Otherwise, we have to manually update the app inorder for the access to reflect for the users.

If any solution is achieved by anyone on this automatic app update in workspace, please share.

BR,

Manoj 

Hi there

I currently do not know of any way to achieve this with what you are looking to do.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gilbert,

Thanks for the reply.

Best Regards,

Manoj Prasad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors