Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

koya112929

If I do Large dataset storage format, click the slider to On, I can't download pbix?

We are using Power BI Premium.

We are using Import for our datasets so that we can view the reports faster.
In the report datasets, when I turn on the slider for large datasets, then pbix is not able to download.

If I change to a large dataset, is it not possible to download?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, 

thats right if you have it enable downloading that file to pbix will fail with that option active to dowload it you would need to disable it: refer to this documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-large-models 

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1610480654427.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
teegreazy
Frequent Visitor

Hi All, I have a question. We noticed that after publishing a report with the data source set to enabling large dataset storage format, we could not download the pbi file. How do we make changes to a dashboard with large dataset storage format enabled and manage version control?

koya112929

Thank you very much!

And I'm sorry I overlooked it.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, 

thats right if you have it enable downloading that file to pbix will fail with that option active to dowload it you would need to disable it: refer to this documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-large-models 

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1610480654427.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

And it is not just the dataset pbix file that cannot be downloaded.  Download of all pbix files created by any user that has a live connection to a dataset in large dataset format throws an error. 

So, unless every user has kept a copy of their pbix files, they would hit a road block.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors