Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

therealomacoder
Helper II
Helper II

Ideas to automate export of report w/o premium service?

I am doing work for a very small client, YTD revenue is $4,227.

They would like to have a dashboard export to PDF and sent to an email list on an automated basis.

It looks like I would have to ask this client to pay $4,000 PER MONTH to add this ability? I'm not sure how to break this news to my client 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @therealomacoder 

To export your Power BI report to PDF with filters and slicers (with a Power BI Pro license), see https://medium.com/bi-helper/automated-distribution-of-power-bi-reports-and-dashboards-25fde6c68af0.

BI Helper is a third-party SaaS tool that automates the generation and emailing of PDF / PPTX reports from Power BI to users inside and outside your organization. Subscription plans start at $50 per month. 

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @therealomacoder ,

If you are wanting a report output in a certain format and not wanting to use Premium, your best bet is probably to use Power Automate to get the result and email them in a PDF.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Oh wonderful! I was afraid PowerAutomate would also require the report to be in a premium workspace. I'll give it a try, thank you!!

Unfortunately it looks like PowerAutomate cannot be used either, it reports an error:

Report requested for export is not on dedicated capacity

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/quot-Report-requested-for-export-is-not-o...

Did any find a solution for this? exporting report to pdf without a premium capacity ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors