Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dalla_Terra
Helper I
Helper I

ISSUE: One or more email addresses could not be validated

I have a report I have shared with several people outside my organization. Until recently all was well but now I am having some errors with previous users I added and new users I am trying to add.

Users are in AAD:

All users I have shared this report with have Power BI Pro and all users have been added to Azure Active Directory as Guest Users. When I shared the report with them I walked them through verification of their email address on Active Directory and their invitation in AAD shows as invitation accepted.

How I Shared The Report:

I have added all users in the same way. I shared the report with the "Specic People" option allowing them to share the report but not allowing them build content.   

Error:

Recently I started getting an error on two accounts when I tried to add a new user. The error, which appears as a red dialog box under the field to add users by email says, "One or more email addresses could not be validated:...". 

There were no obvious issues but I could not add the new user because each time I tried I got the same error so I removed the two accounts that were an issue and I was able to add the new user. However, when I try to add back the email accounts that are giving me an issue I now get "Permissions failed to update: The report permissions failed to update, but the issue is likely temporary. Try again later." 

In another case I am adding the email and it saves but when I go back to manage users with the link, they are not showing up. 

Any suggestions or ideas around what might be causing this would be great. 

7 REPLIES 7
Alex_Pierse
Frequent Visitor

Previously, to grant access, I simply copied the mail and pasted it, and it started to give an error since yesterday. And now I just enter the first 2-3 letters of the mail, the desired user is displayed and so I add, and there are no problems and errors.
Out of habit, I didn’t even try to enter only the beginning of the mail, but simply copied and pasted it. Perhaps the problem is not in this, and this is not a solution, but at my stage the problem is solved.

Alex_Pierse_0-1676381189606.png

Alex_Pierse_1-1676381210640.png

Alex_Pierse_2-1676381247778.png

Smalfly
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Dalla_Terra ,

just wondering if you ever found the cause of this error message.

I have the same problem as the one described here so your help on this would be highly appreciated.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dalla_Terra 

What I would first do is to make sure that the user account appears in Azure Active Directory. Once the user account is there it should work without any issues.

I would suggest using this method below which will help to ensure that the user accounts are created successfully. 

Quickstart: Add guest users in the Azure portal - Azure AD | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks @GilbertQ, that's the thing. Not only did I add them correctly, they are still showing up and until a few days ago it worked fine, but now I get the error I mentioned. It makes no sense. 

Hi @Dalla_Terra 

Yeah it should be working, what happens if you log out and log back in?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I get the same message every time I try adding a name to a report link through the manage link. I am not the link Creator but was able to add names at first and now I get the message every time. I have even removed a name from the access link and try to add it back without success. Any help is appreciated

Greetings.

Please tell me, when you registered your corporate mail, you indicated domain mail.
Have you checked if the domain is live?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors