Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OPlanda

IP address of Data management gateway

Hi,

I have a question. I am trying to connect to MySQL database that is hosted in a cloud outside of my company. They have a whitelist of IP addresses that can connect to that database, that I need to provide. 

When I am developing solution in PB desktop, I put my computer's IP address to be listed in the whitelist. But when I will upload the report to PB.com and I want to use automatic refresh through data management gateway, what will be the IP address to put on the whitelist?

IP address of the computer where data management gateway is running?

Thank you for response

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OPlanda 

You should put the IP list of the data source( the outside MySql database), otherwise, the data source can't be accessed when using the gateway.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft ,

It is the other way around. The Whitelist is on MySQL side. So I need to provide IP address from which data management gateway is trying to connect to that MySQL database.

Oleg_F
Frequent Visitor

Hi.

I have the same problem.

Did you find solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors