Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

corbusier
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I want to stop an Office 365 Group from showing up in Power BI

We have Office 365 groups created for various purposes, and as we roll out Power BI to more and more users within the organization, we are running into the issue that these groups show up in Power BI along with specific Power BI groups created for them. For example, Marketing has an Office 365 group created for them and this shouldn't be showing up in Power BI, but the app workspace should. They could potentially use the Office 365 group, but the BI team doesn't have any access to publish there.

In addition, there are groups which should never show up in Power BI. How can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @corbusier,

I can reproduce your issue. As far as I know, there is no method stopping the Office 365 Group from showing up on Power BI side since Power BI group is also a part of Office 365 Group. I would recommend you post the question in the Microsoft Office 365 forum to get dedicated support.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pawand23
Frequent Visitor

Is there any solution for this issue? 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @corbusier,

I can reproduce your issue. As far as I know, there is no method stopping the Office 365 Group from showing up on Power BI side since Power BI group is also a part of Office 365 Group. I would recommend you post the question in the Microsoft Office 365 forum to get dedicated support.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Was there any solution or workaround to this as I am experiencing the same issue. 

Regards

Mizeel

I am also looking for a solution to this issue as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors