Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cnxanalytics1
Frequent Visitor

I purchased but I'm unable to see Power BI Premium (P1) License in M365 Admin Panel, is that Normal?

I want to assign the Power BI Premium License to one of my Active user from M365 Admin Panel

but I'm unable to see the Power BI Premium License in the License assignment Tab, my vendor is able to see the license in VLSC but not able to see in M365 Admin Panel.

Now how can I assign the Power BI Premium license to my the Active User?

Please Help

unable to see license in M365 Panel.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This might help:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-capacity-manage#assigning-workspaces...

As I have said before. Premium is not for a user. You asign it to a group of them (the power bi workspace).

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Are you sure you bought premium? 

Let me clarify something. You can license Power Bi in two ways. Buying Pro licences and asign them to specific users or buying premium for a group.

The Power Bi Premium is turned on inside workspaces. That means the workspace and all the users in it can use their features. It depends on the role of the user if they have to be pro too or they can be free.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-what-is

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Yes I've bought Premium(P1) and can see it in VLSC , I need to know if I can see that License in that particular location for which I've provided an Image. If I cannot see it their , then how I can assign the Premium License to Active Users the same way that I assign Pro License to my Active users?

This might help:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-capacity-manage#assigning-workspaces...

As I have said before. Premium is not for a user. You asign it to a group of them (the power bi workspace).

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Sure, thanks for helpp

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors