Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SteveCarter1
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm losing Excel cell word wrapping in Dashboard tiles

I've uploaded an Excel file to PBI Service and created a simple dashboard consisting of a pinned group of cells.

The problem is the cells in the source are formatted with word wrapping but when I create a dashboard tile that formatting disappears so the text runs into the adjacent columns.

Any ideas how I can allow the dashboard tile to keep text wrap formatting?

E.g. This is what the workbook looks like in PBI Service. Note cell A2 has word wrapping:

4 REPLIES 4
wjkmason
Frequent Visitor

Does Power BI have a solution to this yet?  I am having the same issue.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SteveCarter1,

It seems like your snapshots not loading correctly. Can you please share more details about your scenario? 

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

BTW, power bi tiles do not keep raw report/contents layout for specific styles. If you want to keep raw graph, you can consider using 'pin live page', but it seems not works for excel workbooks.

Intro to dashboard tiles for Power BI designers 

Pin an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Example Excel Workbook uploaded to Power BI Service is shown here (Note the long line of text is correctly wrapped inside the cell):

1.png

If I then pin those cells to a Dashboard tile the wrapping formatting is lost for some reason:

2.PNG

HI @SteveCarter1,

I can reproduce this on my side, it seems like power bi tiles do not keep these settings that applied on the workbook side. Perhaps you can submit an idea to keep these layouts.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors