Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yogesh_NMH
Helper I
Helper I

I have upgraded to Premium Per User to upload a dataset larger than 1Gb. Do my users also need same?

Hi everyone,

I trust you are doing well. 

QUESTION:

I would like to know if I upgrade my license to a Premium Per User and publish reports, do my users also need a Premium Per User license to view the reports or the Power BI Pro license is enough for them?

CURRENT SCENARIO:

Actually, I have a very large dataset which I need to publish (over 1Gb) and, as you are aware, this is not possible with Power BI Pro, so I have upgraded to a Premium Per User license (still on trial, 42 days remaining) to publish the dataset.

Once I have published my dataset, I will set up an Incremental Refresh as follows: 

• last 4 years of data prior to refresh date will be archived in the workspace
  • Incremental refresh will be 1 day before the refresh date, i.e. only the last close of business date will be uploaded to the Power BI workspace

Reports using this dataset will be created and published as and when required.

All of my users currently have Power BI Pro licenses. They only need to view the reports, they don't need to colloborate or create their own reports. Do they also need to upgrade to a Premium Per User license to view reports which I have published or is their Power BI Pro license enough?

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation; I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Yogesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Once you turn your workspace to Premium Per User, only users with that licence can view content in the workspace. So yes. They need PPU in order to worki with you or even only view a report.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Once you turn your workspace to Premium Per User, only users with that licence can view content in the workspace. So yes. They need PPU in order to worki with you or even only view a report.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors