Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dnolan

I have created my first report in the free Power BI. How can I share this with other people?

I have created my first report in the free Power BI.  How can I share this with other people?  Do I really have to upgrade to Pro or is there anotehr way.

Regards

David

4 REPLIES 4
pritesho
Helper I
Helper I

There is a feature on File Menu to Publish on the Web,  you can use that.

It is globally available at that point and anyone can see your report as long as they have the link in embed code.

Actually, don't use Publish to Web as it makes your data PUBLIC. There is a warning on the Power BI feature documentation that says your data could get featured in a gallery, etc. Please don't use this feature for sharing unless you truly want it in the public domain.

Dashboard sharing is the only thing supported for free users.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can also create reports in desktop and share the actual .pbix file. Sharing a dashboard is the best solution, however, as you can also pin portions of an excel workbook to dashboards as well.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

You'll have to pin your report to your dashboard and share it from there.

Make sure the others have a Power BI account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors