Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schedio

I dont see my Power BI Pro subscription

I used Power Bi Pro for 58 days and was quite impressed and so purchased Power BI Pro  subscription. Since last three days i am finding that my data refresh schedule is not working and so checked on error

msg.PNG

I check at PowerBI desktop and am able to refresh from there (to check whether credentials are corrrect)

Other options are grayed outpic1.PNG

On clicking subscription it says no subscription, what could be the reason and how do i overcome this problem and start using my PowerBI Pro subscription

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are confusing 2 separate issues.  Power BI Pro is not required for scheduling refreshes.  It is certainly true that this was the case last year and earlier, but when the license overhaul occured in mid 2017, all users had the ability to set up refreshes for their data sets.

Based on the error, you appear to be having a credentials issue.  Based on the screenshot i'd be checking the settings for your connections in the "Data Source Credentials" section, or within the set up of your Gateway under Manage Gateways.

The most common cause of this problem is if you have used a Username/Password that has had its password changed.  For example if you are using your personal Active Directory as your credentials, and your account has its password expire every X days.  This would mean that your refreshes would fail every X days.  The recommnedation here would be to have your administrators set up and provide you with a service account to use that has a non-rotating password and read access to your sources.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are confusing 2 separate issues.  Power BI Pro is not required for scheduling refreshes.  It is certainly true that this was the case last year and earlier, but when the license overhaul occured in mid 2017, all users had the ability to set up refreshes for their data sets.

Based on the error, you appear to be having a credentials issue.  Based on the screenshot i'd be checking the settings for your connections in the "Data Source Credentials" section, or within the set up of your Gateway under Manage Gateways.

The most common cause of this problem is if you have used a Username/Password that has had its password changed.  For example if you are using your personal Active Directory as your credentials, and your account has its password expire every X days.  This would mean that your refreshes would fail every X days.  The recommnedation here would be to have your administrators set up and provide you with a service account to use that has a non-rotating password and read access to your sources.

Thank you for your detailed explaiantion. You will see in screenshot the Data Credential itself is grayed out, i am not able to open that section..

I dont have any gateway and pulling the data from Azure Table and AzureSQL DB

sub.PNG

This is what i see on my subscription but when i check on office365 admin account it says 1 PowerBI pro licence is assigned to

My problem of schedling got solved. I recreated the connection to my azure and on update it started showing option of schedue refresh (This was grayed out earlier). Thanks for point me to the right direction.

But when i click on subscription, it still donest show me my powerBI Pro subscription. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The screenshot you have shown is the area where you subscribe to emailed reports.  If you want to check your Power BI Licences you'll need to head to Office 365, click on 'my account' (top right where a photo turns up).  There is an option called 'My Account'.  On the left menu on the next screen, select subscriptions.  There you will find all your office 365 licenses.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors