Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lgargano
Regular Visitor

I don’t have the option for share a report

Hello!
I don’t know why, but my account don’t have the option for share a report.
My account is a PRO license.

Please, could you help on that?

Thanks in advance.

Leonardo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lgargano You can't currently share a report by itself. You need to share a dashboard.

Technically, after you share a dashboard, you could sent the end user a direct URL link of the report after the fact, but it isn't really report sharing.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lgargano
Regular Visitor

Hello!
I don’t know why, but my account don’t have the option for share a report.
My account is a PRO license.

Please, could you help on that?

Thanks in advance.

Leonardo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lgargano as @Anonymous said you will first have to create a workspace and then you have to publish the report to that workspace and then add people whom you want to see the report. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to share a report, if you don't want to do the Dashboard thing, is to use an App Workspace.  You don't have to make an app, you can simply just add the appropriate people to the workspace.  You can even set it so they can't edit anything.

@lgargano You can't currently share a report by itself. You need to share a dashboard.

Technically, after you share a dashboard, you could sent the end user a direct URL link of the report after the fact, but it isn't really report sharing.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors