Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pete_Manley
Frequent Visitor

I changed nothing, now Reports layouts are misaligned why? How do I fix this?

I have lots of Power BI Reports that have been running for months now with no alterations. Then yesterday the layouts all changed slightly, so that boxes that lines up perfectly before no longer aligned. I have changed nothing, the report was published months ago. My first thought was to republish to see if that would resolve the problem. The Power BI File had the correct layout as before, I republished the report. However when I view the report the  miss alignment of the boxes persists. I am using the Google Chrome Browser Version 93.0.4577.82 (Official Build) (64-bit). I have also tried viewing using Microsoft Edge Version 93.0.961.47 (Official build) (64-bit), there is still the same issue of misalignment.

Here are some examples of the misalignment: 

Screenshot 2021-09-16 091053.jpgScreenshot 2021-09-16 091146.jpgScreenshot 2021-09-16 091222.jpg

Previously all lined up perfectly, now all my reports are showing some misalignment. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. Peter

8 REPLIES 8
Pete_Manley
Frequent Visitor

Loooking at my reports this morning (four days after I first posted this issue on here), the reports have reverted back to their normal presentation with no misalignment here is an example:

Pete_Manley_0-1632133299797.png

It is fixed, thanks to those involved in resolving this issue.

MarkSL
Helper V
Helper V

This change is also affecting all of our reports.  Really hope a fix is put in soon!

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

This is known issue and Microsoft team is working to fix this issue.

Issues - Microsoft Power BI Community

Support | Microsoft Power BI

As a workaround, users can use the zoom setting of anything other than 100% which forces the browser to behave normally

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Arvind thanks for the quick response and suggested workaround. However, I just tested the zoom fix you suggested, it made no difference to the misalignment in Google Chrome or in Microsoft Edge. The problem persisted even when I zommed in or out on both browsers. Peter 

Try using mozila, some users reported its working fine on that browser

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

I have same isssue and using Mozilla and it fixed.

Shortcut Strg + 0 fixed it for me 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that does not help me much right now because a) I an mot permitted to install things on my work computer, and b) I can't see the IT department switching the entire company to using Modzila. However I will pass on your suggestion to the IT Helpdesk to see what they say.

UPDATE: I have just had the IT Helpdesk guy install Modzila Firefox on my computer. When we tested the Report in Firefox the problem is still occurring.

Regards, Peter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors