Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmerchak
Advocate II
Advocate II

I cannot pin tiles after republishing a report to PBI Service

image.png

Ever since 8/6/2018, when I republish a report to PBI Service I get this error, "Sorry, can't pin this visualization yet", when trying to pin a tile from that report I get this error. It shows up whenever I try to pin any visual. I was previously able to pin these exact same visuals before I republished the report. My only work around is to change the title and publish as a new report, re-pin all tiles, and reassign RLS. Which is a gigantic pain.

I downloaded the latest PBI desktop version hoping that would fix the problem but it has not.

I saw a previous thread with this same issue from 2017 but none of the recommendations have solved my issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmerchak,

It seems like a known issue power bi team working on, please take care about support page to know more about this issue:

Power Bi Support

Users may experience issues with pinning tiles to dashboards or saving reports that contain imported images or custom theme files. Engineers are working on a fix. Next update @08/10/2018 09:00 PDT

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmerchak,

It seems like a known issue power bi team working on, please take care about support page to know more about this issue:

Power Bi Support

Users may experience issues with pinning tiles to dashboards or saving reports that contain imported images or custom theme files. Engineers are working on a fix. Next update @08/10/2018 09:00 PDT

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I am having this same issue post update. Are they still working to fix it?

Thank you so much! I have bookmarked that website and will try to remember to check it in the future before asking questions.

Much appreciated!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @mmerchak,

I can't reproduce this on my side. Can you please provide more detail information? Such as datasource type, connection mode, visual type, datasource host area.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

After more testing, it appears that this error is not occurring with reports that I publish now and then republish. It only seems to be happening with reports that were originally published a little bit ago (I could not tell you a threshold date) and then I republish now. Maybe this helps with testing the error?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Not sure if this info will help, as I do not have trouble pinning these visuals if I publish the report for the first time, it is only after republishing. But maybe it is linked. Here it is:

But I am using SQL Server as well as Excel data sources. 

Connection mode is import.

Like I stated in my original post, it is all visuals: cards, tables, graphs. It will not let me pin anything.

I do not know what datasource host area means.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors