Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mmerchak Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I cannot pin tiles after republishing a report to PBI Service

image.png

Ever since 8/6/2018, when I republish a report to PBI Service I get this error, "Sorry, can't pin this visualization yet", when trying to pin a tile from that report I get this error. It shows up whenever I try to pin any visual. I was previously able to pin these exact same visuals before I republished the report. My only work around is to change the title and publish as a new report, re-pin all tiles, and reassign RLS. Which is a gigantic pain.

I downloaded the latest PBI desktop version hoping that would fix the problem but it has not.

I saw a previous thread with this same issue from 2017 but none of the recommendations have solved my issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: I cannot pin tiles after republishing a report to PBI Service

Hi @mmerchak,

It seems like a known issue power bi team working on, please take care about support page to know more about this issue:

Power Bi Support

Users may experience issues with pinning tiles to dashboards or saving reports that contain imported images or custom theme files. Engineers are working on a fix. Next update @08/10/2018 09:00 PDT

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @mmerchak,

I can't reproduce this on my side. Can you please provide more detail information? Such as datasource type, connection mode, visual type, datasource host area.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mmerchak Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Not sure if this info will help, as I do not have trouble pinning these visuals if I publish the report for the first time, it is only after republishing. But maybe it is linked. Here it is:

But I am using SQL Server as well as Excel data sources. 

Connection mode is import.

Like I stated in my original post, it is all visuals: cards, tables, graphs. It will not let me pin anything.

I do not know what datasource host area means.

mmerchak Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

After more testing, it appears that this error is not occurring with reports that I publish now and then republish. It only seems to be happening with reports that were originally published a little bit ago (I could not tell you a threshold date) and then I republish now. Maybe this helps with testing the error?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mmerchak,

It seems like a known issue power bi team working on, please take care about support page to know more about this issue:

Power Bi Support

Users may experience issues with pinning tiles to dashboards or saving reports that contain imported images or custom theme files. Engineers are working on a fix. Next update @08/10/2018 09:00 PDT

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

mmerchak Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you so much! I have bookmarked that website and will try to remember to check it in the future before asking questions.

Much appreciated!

Erika Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am having this same issue post update. Are they still working to fix it?