Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

biremedia
Frequent Visitor

I can't download my report in pbix

Can't export to Power BI Desktop format
This dataset has some features in it that can't be downloaded to a .pbix file.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 99c57310-bafa-4027-9538-94dd663f9c09
Request ID: 4b78b65a-217f-66ef-23e1-ecdaa1451e7d
Correlation ID: e31fe438-167b-5885-09e9-50f1d64f5f50
Status code: 400
Time: Wed Oct 28 2020 14:17:20 GMT+0100 (Ora standard dell’Europa centrale)
Service version: 13.0.14587.80
Client version: 2010.3.03462-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @biremedia ,

I am not sure as to the exact reason why you can't download an incremental refresh report, I just know that you can't.  There is an idea to change this though:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Ideas/Enable-Download-pbix-file-for-Incremental-Refr...

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @biremedia ,

To download a file you have to have edit access to the report, the dataset can't be using incremental refresh, the dataset can't be modified with an XMLA endpoint, the report you are downloading can't be based on a dataset in another workspace, you have to have the latest version of Power BI Desktop and the report must have been published to the workspace in the first place.  Also, the adminstrator has to enable that functionality for the tenant.

Do any of these issues exist for you?

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @collinq,

thank you replying.

Yes I'm using incremental refresh, why It is a problem download reports with this feature?

I usually download reports from the service to avoid overwriting any changes applied by other users.

Hey @biremedia ,

I am not sure as to the exact reason why you can't download an incremental refresh report, I just know that you can't.  There is an idea to change this though:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Ideas/Enable-Download-pbix-file-for-Incremental-Refr...

Proud to be a Datanaut!

This is the accepted solution? What a joke.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors