Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wilco99
Regular Visitor

I can't access reports from dashboard visual

I have several Dashboards that either I have created, or have been shared with me. However, when I click on the Visual it won't go to the Reports. This started about a week ago. I have checked with other people whom I have shared my report with but they do not see the issue. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for responding so quickly. Subsequent to me reply I spoke to PowerBI support team directly. It transpires that this issue was a known problem, and a Cod Fix is being applied this week. I am hopeful my problem will go away. I am closing off this trail.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
vaishalibhagat

I'm having hard time connecting to my work space. I cleared cache in Chrome just to be sure that wasn’t causing any issues. Attached is the error I see when I click on “Show Details".

Can you please suggest what do I do?

Thanks,

Vaishali. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Wilco99,

For these dashboards that you create, are you able to directly view the reports under Reports tab in Power BI Service? If there are no issues viewing the reports, please re-pinning the visuals to new dashboard and check if you can access reports to from dashboard.

In addition, what is the data source of these problem dashboards?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Subsequent to me reply I spoke to PowerBI support team directly. It transpires that this issue was a known problem, and a Cod Fix is being applied this week. I am hopeful my problem will go away. I am closing off this trail.

This problem seems to be back, though not entirely.  I created a report using Power BI as the Data set from an existing report.  I created the dashboard for this new report and can share the report and the users can see the dashboard.  However they can't click into the report. 

When I give them the URL to the report that I can see, they get this error:

5990CC6A.PNG

The users can view the original report/dashboard for the underlying data set, so they have permissions to see the data (I'm not using RLS for this data).  

Should I start a new thread or can I tag onto this one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am having the same issue with a number of users. Have you guys found a resolution to this?

It was escalated as an engineering issue and an update was published. I guess you will need to do the same.

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I've put in a ticket and have discovered that there's a bug when you share dashboards with free users for the first time. You need to share the dashboard, have them sign up for Power BI Pro Trial or get a Pro License, then cancel the invite and resend it.

I've lodged a ticket with Microsoft, but the Customer Service Representative I got insists this is by design (if this is true, it's very poor design if you ask me).

I'm not sure if you all are experiencing this for the same reasons, but if so, could you please upvote my Issue ticket to get this fixed:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Need-to-quot-Cancel-Invite-quot-and-reshare-dashboard-when/i...

Wilco99
Regular Visitor

To add further calrity I have tried on 3 different browsers with the same results (IE11, Edge and Chrome).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors