Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyperlinks not clickable in Power BI Service web application on Paginated Report

Our Paginated reports in the service have many hyperlinks to separate reports also in the service. When accessing the reports via chrome/edge/IE, the hyperlinks are not clickable.

However when accessing the reports via the embed code, the hyperlinks are clickable; this is also the case when accessing the report via the Android app. The hyperlinks are not clickable on the iOS app.

Is this a known issue?/Is anyone else experiencing the same?

3 REPLIES 3
skrempp
Frequent Visitor

I'm having a similar problem.  I also have a hyperlink in a Paginated Report.  My link opens google maps.  It works when building the report, from my desktop, from the service access via my phone's browser, but does not work when accessing the report via the iOS Power BI App.  If I click the hyperlink (which is a text box) it is outlined in blue but the link does not open.  

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved?

If not, can you provide some detailed screenshots? From your text description, I seem to have no clue.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

LRahman_0-1603710872093.png

Basically I have a paginated report (.RDL) uploaded to Power BI Service. It consists of many charts, one of which you can see in the screenshot. Each marker on the chart has an action of 'Go To URL'. In Power BI Report Builder, when I preview the report, it all works fine - I can click on each marker and the browser pops open with the web page displayed correctly.

However once the report is saved (published) to Power BI Service, when I view the very same report either in the workspace or in the app, I am unable to click on any marker. Strangely on the android app, I can click on each marker and it works fine.

If I copy the embed code (See screenshot) and paste it into my browser the markers are clickable. 

Hope that is clear. Thanks.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors