Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyperlinks are opening in a new window, earlier it was opening in a new tab

Hello Everyone!

I have experienced a weired behaviour wither the hyperlinks which i have added in my report for page navigation.

Till yesterday (Jan 19 2021) links were opening up in a new tab (in the same browser window). But since yesterday is it opening in a complete new window.

I'm still able to open report in the different tab of the same window, for that now i have to "ctrl+click".

I did'nt see any notice or updated regarding the change in behaviour neigther i see any extra settings to turn it back the way it was.

If anyone has any idea why is it happening or how to fix it, Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Shiva Prakash

9 REPLIES 9
dom99
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi,

Was there a resolution to this? The change in behaviour is causing issues for our end users.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

There has been a fix deployed and the issue has been resolved.

I have a similar issue. The hyperlink will open the document in a new tab, but the user has to see the new tab and click on it. When a user clicked on a hyperlink in an older version of this report, the new tab would automatically open up. How do I fix this?

u02cm62
Helper V
Helper V

We are having same issue.  All browsers do this so far (Chrome, Edge, IE, haven't checked firefox).

This changed this week.  I would love to find out, have a case open will update once known.

rpayne86
Frequent Visitor

I've had the same issue.

I use images as thumbnails and use On Action to link through to various URLs. Up until last Monday, this would open in a new tab in the same window.

Since Monday it now opens a new browser everytime. I've seen this across multiple users. Chrome is likely to be the main browser.

rmcclelland
Regular Visitor

I also have this issue as of the same date. Was working fine before. 

The issue is that clicking any web urls in the web service opens a new popup window in your default browser. Previously the same web urls opened a new tab in your active browser window. 

Ctrl + Click does work to simply open a new tab! Thank you for that tip.

Best workaround I've found, if you need to open those links, is to right click the popup window and select "show as tab." It will still be in a separate window, but at least you can treat it like any other open tab. No idea why a popup window is being created. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rpayne86, @u02cm62 , @rmcclelland 

To update you guys, Mircosoft is working on it and a fix will be deployed in the week of feb 8th.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry, not very clear.

It's better to provide me with more detailed screenshots. Remember to hide sensitive information.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephen,

I'll try to explain a bit more,
I have an image in my report on which i have added a web url action (EX: https://app.powerbi.com) and published it on sevices.
Issue is when i click the image, url page (Power BI home page in our case) is not opening in the same browser woindow, instead it opens up in new window.

shiva_prakash_0-1611581530732.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors