Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AGo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hybrid table slow selecting yesterday

Hello!

I've got an hybrid table that refreshes in direct query only today's records. I don't know why it seems slow and launching sql queries also if I only select records about yesterday or the past. Doesn't it should only use the data yet stored in the dataset during the last refresh and be very quick without needing to launch queries to retreive data I don't have selected in my filter?

Doing the same filter in desktop is nearly instantaneous.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @AGo 

The refresh on Service is different from the refresh on Desktop . In addition, the refresh speed also depends on the mode of connecting to the data source .  

If your connection mode is Import , refresh is your dataset , the corresponding refresh time will be relatively fast, and the next refresh will be refreshed from the imported data without taking too much time.

If your connetion mode is DQ or LC , refresh is your data source , especially when refreshing on Service, it is necessary to transmit data from the local to the cloud service through the gateway, which takes longer than obtaining it directly from the local . The performance of gateway or network can also affect the speed of data transfer .  

You can refer to this document, maybe it will be very helpful for you to understand refresh . 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @AGo 

The refresh on Service is different from the refresh on Desktop . In addition, the refresh speed also depends on the mode of connecting to the data source .  

If your connection mode is Import , refresh is your dataset , the corresponding refresh time will be relatively fast, and the next refresh will be refreshed from the imported data without taking too much time.

If your connetion mode is DQ or LC , refresh is your data source , especially when refreshing on Service, it is necessary to transmit data from the local to the cloud service through the gateway, which takes longer than obtaining it directly from the local . The performance of gateway or network can also affect the speed of data transfer .  

You can refer to this document, maybe it will be very helpful for you to understand refresh . 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors