Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Poojitha
Regular Visitor

How to view Power BI reports/dashboards on MAC?

Hi All,

I am new to Power BI. We have to requirement now where we would like the users to view the reports/dashboards on MAC.

Could someone please let  me know  in detail on how this can be achieved?

Thanks

Poojitha

2 REPLIES 2
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Poojitha,

Do you mean Power BI Service or Desktop version or both? 

If the first one then you shouldn't face any issues because it is SaaS solution which can be shown on any OS. So no worries on that case.

If second then there is no software for MAC. See link for install package - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331 and especially System Requirements:

Supported Operating System
Windows 10 , Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2

Microsoft Power BI Desktop requires Internet Explorer 10 or greater. 

Microsoft Power BI Desktop is available for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) platforms.

To handle that you can create Virtual Machine on the Azure/Google Cloud/Amazon portal with Windows OS (look at detailed requirements first) where you can easily install Power BI Desktop. It can be one per all users.

Hello @zoloturu

Thank you for your response.

Yes, my requirement is just to have the users be able to view the reports developed by the development team and not to do any developements on their MAC devices and for this I think the Power BI Service would suffice with which they will be able to view the reports as suggested by you.

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am new to this tool.

Thank you.

Poojitha

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors