Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndreSatziack
Helper I
Helper I

How to use RelativePath for refresh with dynamic data sources

I have a great challenge, where I would like to share it with my friends here at the Forum.

I need to automatically update my online report but I get the error for being a dynamic query, I researched about using Web.Contents with RelativePath but I couldn't make it work yet, by chance, does anyone know to inform me if the advanced query below is compatible with RelativePath to Refresh through the Power Bi Online service?
Thank you my friends.

let
    BaseURL = "https://api.tiflux.com/api/v1/clients",
    ExtraParams = "",
    Pages = List.Generate(
        () => [PageNumber=1, Func=fnGetPage(BaseURL, PageNumber, ExtraParams)],
            each Table.RowCount([Func]) > 0,
            each [PageNumber=_[PageNumber]+1, Func=Function.InvokeAfter(()=> fnGetPage(BaseURL, PageNumber, ExtraParams), #duration(0,0,0,10))],
            each _[Func]),
    #"ResultTable" = Table.FromList(Pages, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    Table = Table.Buffer(Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"ResultTable", "Column1", Table.ColumnNames(Table.Combine(#"ResultTable"[Column1])))),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(Table,{{"name", "Empresa"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"
3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In Power Query Editor find the code for that query and then incorporate the code into the one you posted.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

instead of calling 

fnGetPage

try to inline its code in your script.

Hello my friend =D

Thank you for answer me, let me ask you, I was using fnGetPage in the code, exemple, but how can I write the right sentence for Power Bi Service understand that is a web data source and work with auto refresh? I don't understand very well this query =/

Func=fnGetPage(BaseURL, PageNumber, ExtraParams)]

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors