Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amartino44
Frequent Visitor

How to update data in power bi online

I created a report and data set on power bi online. I shared that with two co-workers. The dataset source is on one drive. How am I able to allow my co-workers to update the data? Every week we will be copying new data into the same format file (column headers will always be the same). I just want them to be able to copy and paste new data into the dataset and press refersh. How can I do this? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. If you go to Power Bi Service and configure the data sorce credentials in schedule refresh menu from that specific dataset, then all members or admins in the workspace can refresh the data.

I recommend connecting onedrive in this way:
https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/185337134590/alternativa-para-conectar-power-bi-a-onedrive

You can do it in different ways but this way for sure won't ask for gateway.

Hope this make sense.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amartino44 ,

Based on your description, I guess what you want to ask is how to let your colleagues modify the data source itself.  

Generally speaking, the dataset cannot be modified without knowing what the data source is. If the data source you store in OneDrive is a workbook, you can import it to power bi and share it with your colleagues to make changes online.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1607907657341.png

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amartino44 ,

Based on your description, I guess what you want to ask is how to let your colleagues modify the data source itself.  

Generally speaking, the dataset cannot be modified without knowing what the data source is. If the data source you store in OneDrive is a workbook, you can import it to power bi and share it with your colleagues to make changes online.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1607907657341.png

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. If you go to Power Bi Service and configure the data sorce credentials in schedule refresh menu from that specific dataset, then all members or admins in the workspace can refresh the data.

I recommend connecting onedrive in this way:
https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/185337134590/alternativa-para-conectar-power-bi-a-onedrive

You can do it in different ways but this way for sure won't ask for gateway.

Hope this make sense.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors